Veterans affairs Commission
Special Event Notice
2.19.010 Establishment and Mission Statement.
There is hereby established a veterans’ affairs commission which shall act as an advisory body to the city council in all matters pertaining to veterans’ affairs. Said veterans’ affairs commission may be known and referred to as the “Hawthorne veterans’ affairs commission” or the “veterans’ affairs commission.” The veterans’ affairs commission shall provide advocacy and support for better communication, planning, and cooperation among entities for veterans and their families, homeless individuals and those at risk of becoming homeless in the city of Hawthorne. The veterans’ affairs commission shall also endeavor to aid veterans in coordinating services with the programs of governmental agencies, public service agencies and volunteer organizations. (Ord. 2046 § 1, 2013.)
- Elected Officials are not allowed to serve on the commission.
- Citizens are only allowed to serve on one commission.
- Each commissioner is paid $25 per commission meeting actually attended.
- Agenda and minutes are published on the City website.
- 3:15 p.m
- 1st and 3rd Monday of each month
Agenda & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Neil Gafney
- Kyle Orlemann
- John Lester
- Robert Leon
- Carol Steinhauer
Staff Liason: Evelyne Carmona at 310 349-2950