senior citizen's commission
2.20.010 Establishment and Mission Statement:
There is hereby established a senior citizens’ commission which shall act as an advisory body to the city council in all matters pertaining to the needs, concerns and quality of life of all seniors in the city of Hawthorne. The senior citizens’ commission shall:
A. Analyze and evaluate the needs of seniors.
B. Coordinate the available resources for seniors from public agencies, non-profits and
C. Provide input in any new plans for programs, activities and events for seniors.
D. Reach out, publish, educate and/or disseminate relevant information pertaining to
seniors. (Ord. 2047 § 1, 2013.)
- Qualifications: All members of the commission shall be qualified electors of the city and at least 50 years of age. Elected Officials are not allowed to serve on the commission.
- Applications are available in the City Clerk's office of City Hall. Appointments are made by the Mayor and City Council.
- Citizens are only allowed to serve on one commission.
- Agenda and minutes are published on the City website.
- Each commissioner is paid $25 per commission meeting actually attended.
- 3:00 p.m
- 1st Wednesday of each month
Agenda & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Darlene Love
- Juanita Douse
- Darvis Johnson
- WD McCoy
- Joseph N. Jackson
For more information please call 310 349-1640.