Do You Realize....

If you commit fraud to obtain assisted housing from HUD, you could be:

Evicted from your apartment or house.Required to repay all overpaid rental assistance you received.Fined up to $10,000.Imprisoned for up to five years.Prohibited from receiving future assistance.Subject to State and Local government penalties

Do You Know ....

You are committing fraud if you sign a form knowing that you provided false or misleading information.

The information you provide on housing assistance application and re-certification forms will be checked. The local housing agency, HUD, or the Office of the Inspector General will check the income and asset information you provide with other Federal, State, or local governments and with private agencies. Certifying false information is fraud.

So Be Careful!!!

When you fill out your application and yearly re-certification for assisted housing from HUD make sure your answers to the questions are accurate and honest. You must include:

All sources of income and changes in income you or any members of your household receive, such as wages, welfare payments, social security and veteran's benefits, pensions, retirement, etc.Any money you receive on behalf of your children, such as child support, AFDC payments, social security for children, etc.

If you believe someone is committing fraud, you can report it by calling our fraud hotline 310-349-1600 or email Housing.