Parks & Rec/Fine Arts Commission
- Responsibilities: The parks and recreation commission shall act in an advisory capacity to the City Council and the City Parks and Recreation Department in all matters pertaining to parks and public recreation and to cooperate with other governmental agencies and civic groups in the advancement of sound park and recreation planning and programming; make periodic inventories of recreation services that exist or may be needed and interpret the needs of the public to the City Council and to the city manager; advise the city manager and director of parks and recreation in the preparation of the annual budget and a long-range recreation capital improvement program.
- Qualifications: All members of the commission shall be qualified electors of the city. Elected Officials are not allowed to serve on the commission.
- Citizens are only allowed to serve on one commission.
- Agenda and minutes are published on the City website.
- Each commissioner is paid $25 per commission meeting actually attended.
- 6:00 p.m
- 1st Tuesday of each month
Agenda & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Charles Bowie Jr.
- Richard Huhn
- Herminia Balboa
- Kevin Posey
- Gloria Plascencia