Residential and commercial development projects abound in the City of Hawthorne. The Engineering Division is responsible for reviewing these projects in regards to: traffic impacts, sewer and storm drain connections, public right-of-way issues, and more. Below are some of the projects that are currently under review by Engineering:
- This proposed 2.24 acre commercial development will include both retail and restaurants. It is located at the former Somerville Plywood site at Inglewood Ave. and 147th Street.
Menlo Avenue Condominium Project.
- A 5-unit detached condominium project is proposed for 12712-20 Menlo Avenue.
360 Degree Project.
- This is the large residential development that William Lyons Homes is currently building at the corner of Aviation Blvd and El Segundo Blvd. Any questions regarding this project, please contact Akbar Farokhi with the City of Hawthorne Public Works Department @ (310) 349-2983.
Century Business Center.
- This project, being built by Kearny Real Estate, will be a complex of commercial buildings adjacent the Hawthorne Airport.
Target Store / Central Park.
- Lee Homes is proposing a community of single-family homes and a Target store just east of the Hawthorne Airport. The Target store is complete and the residential development is temporarily on hold. Any questions regarding this project, please contact Alan Leung with the City of Hawthorne Public Works Department .