Current Job Openings
Submit completed applications and professional resume to:
City of Hawthorne Human Resources Department
4455 W. 126th Street
Hawthorne, CA 90250
POSTMARKS AND FACSIMILES OF CITY APPLICATION FORM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The Employment Application form, provided below, is a Microsoft Word document.
Full Time (Current City employees only)
- No positions available at this time
south bay regional public communications authority
The South Bay Regional Public Communications Authority, is a government agency located at 4440 West Broadway, Hawthorne, CA 90250
- 9-1-1 Communications Operator
Qualifications: minimum age 18; high school diploma or equivalent; valid California driver’s license; type 35 wpm net; available for shift work and overtime. Full benefits. Starting salary $4,405.05 to $5,846.88 per month, with a salary increase upon approval of agreement with bargaining group. 5% educational bonus for associate, bachelor’s and/or master’s degree upon completion of probation.
Applications and other pertinent information can be accessed at www.rcc911.org.
1. To receive Veteran's Preference, proof of your honorable discharge must be submitted at the time of filing of application (COPY OF DD214).
2. Disabled applicants requiring special testing arrangements/considerations should contact the Human Resources Department prior to the final filing date of application.
3. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to show proof of their legal right to work in the United States at the time of hire. Original documentation is required as proof.
4. Proof of valid California Drivers' License shall be required if the operation of a motor vehicle is required in carrying out the duties of the position.
5. As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass a city paid medical exam. For positions which require the operation of a commercial vehicle, new hires shall also be required to pass a drug test.
6. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
The City of Hawthorne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing all individuals equal opportunity in employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or service as a Vietnam-era veteran.
THE CITY OF HAWTHORNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER