Alexandre Monteiro, BA, MA in Education and Counseling with a Pupil Personnel Services Credential from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, is a Native of Cape Verde Islands who arrived in The United States 35 years ago. For the past twenty-five years, Mr. Monteiro has consistently worked with schools, social service agencies and community groups in assuring that underprivileged children and families receive adequate physical and mental health services, and support structures that positively affect their well-being. His interest is to have a direct positive effect in children’s lives and assist many families, seniors, and young adult in accessing services that fulfilled their physical, emotional and basic needs. Mr. Monteiro has connected easily with different community groups across ethnic and cultural difference thanks to his trilingual capabilities.
Alexandre (Alex) has worked as project coordinator for the Uphams Corner- Healthy City International in Boston, Healthy Babies & Healthy Families in Massachusetts, Health Educator and Community Relations coordinator at Arroyo Vista Family Health Center in Los Angeles, Executive Director for the LAUSD-Roosevelt High School Based Clinic in East LA, Healthy Start coordinator for Hawthorne School District, and Richstone Family Center. At the present time Mr. Monteiro is the president and CEO of the Moneta Gardens Improvement, Inc. (MGI), a non-profit organization serving the underprivileged families and children of the Hawthorne. He is also the Chief Administrator for the South Bay Universal Child Development Center (SBUCDC)- “The Castle”, which is a non-profit organization dedicate to provide early childhood education to our children of Hawthorne.
Alex Monteiro’s Goals for our City:
1) Public Safety: Increase public safety by giving help to our police, firefighters, first responders, and public works
2) Business: Increase business development through quality retail stores, restaurants, and manufacturing jobs with high-paying wages
3) Housing: Advocate for smart housing/homeownership and safe clean neighborhoods
4) Standard of Living: Improve and advance quality of life for our citizens through the beautification of our parks, streets, and upgrade our infrastructure
5) Education: Build partnerships between K-12 and Colleges with Career Tech Opportunities