The mission of Code Enforcement is to ensure compliance with the municipal code and permits issued by the City of Hawthorne. The City has a professional code enforcement team that uses their thorough knowledge of the City’s municipal code and applicable laws to act as the first line of defense in battling blight and public nuisances. Their actions are directly related to protecting the public health, safety and welfare.
The process of code enforcement begins often with witnessing a violation or receiving a complaint which initiates an investigation. Once an investigation begins, a code enforcement officer will determine the appropriate course of action. Typically, most violations can be resolved with warnings. In other cases, citations are issued. Once a person or business is in compliance the case is closed.
Hawthorne Code Enforcement operates 7 days a week and is responsible for ensuring compliance of all city codes throughout the City.
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- To contact a Code Enforcement Officer during this period, please visit the Planning Counter on the 2nd floor
- Code Enforcement Officers are frequently in the field. During office hours, at least one Code Enforcement Officer will be available.
To lodge a code complaint or to contact a Code Enforcement Officer during times other than the office hours listed above:
- Visit the Planning Counter on the 2nd floor, or
- Call the Hotline at (310) 349-2945, or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Code Enforcement Department can also be contacted by filling out the form below:
The South Bay Center for Dispute Resolution
The city of Hawthorne uses this service to assist in the following issues:
- -NEIGHBORS ~ property lines, yard maintenance, pets, parking, noise
- -LANDLORDS/TENANTS ~ security deposits, repairs, evictions, privacy
- -BUSINESS/CONSUMER ~ refunds, repairs, warranties, deposits
- -DOMESTIC ~ roommates, domestic partners, family members, friends
- -HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATIONS ~ repairs, CCR's, board/owner issues
- -WORKPLACE ~ employee/employer, employer/employee, dismissal, wages
- -MULTI-PARTY/MULTI-ISSUE ~ complex and/or regional issues that involve many people/public agencies
Please call (310) 376-7007 or check out their website HERE