Civil Service Commission
- Responsibilities: The civil service commission shall act as a personnel board, board of review, hearing board, personnel appeal board and as a governmental agency with powers as specified in the provisions Chapter 2.18 of the Hawthorne Municipal Code.
- Qualifications: No person shall be appointed to the civil service commission who holds a position in the classified service or is a salaried public officer or employee of the city or an elected official of the city. All members of the commission shall be qualified electors of the city.
- Citizens are only allowed to serve on one commission.
- Agenda and minutes are published on the City website.
- Each commissioner is paid $25 per commission meeting actually attended.
- 5:00 p.m
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month
Agenda & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Thierry Lubenec
- Henry J. Ramirez
- Jason Gromski
- Manuel Balboa
- Barbara J. Hendricks
For more information you may contact Cinthia Gambino at 310-2950