City Clerk's Office
Welcome to the City of Hawthorne’s website. My name is Norb Huber and I am City Clerk of Hawthorne. I have lived in Hawthorne the past 37 years and have owned a home, along with my wife, Linda, in the Ramona tract for the past 35 years. We have been blessed with three adult children and two grand children. All together we have four generations living in Hawthorne. So, keeping Hawthorne headed in the right direction is certainly important to me and my family.
The reason I ran for City Clerk was to help my city move forward. Like every city in California we face many challenges. I believe that with good leadership, strong partnerships with local businesses, and the active participation of the residents of Hawthorne, we can keep our city a good place to live and raise our families.
Some of the Goals for the City Clerk's office would include;
Make city records and information more accessible to the public.
Increase communication with residents to keep them informed.
Increase voter turn out at both general and local elections.
Promote Hawthorne by improving our image which will lead to attracting new businesses to locate in Hawthorne.
Help build a "Health Hawthorne" through health education partnerships that encourage residents to make choices that lead to a healthy lifestyle and a healthy city.
Part of my efforts to make city government more accessible would be to encourage residents to use our website to locate information that is meaningful to them.
Even with our current website being constantly updated, you may not be able to find what you are looking for. You may wish to ask a question of a city department. You may have a complaint or concern. You may want to know when an event or activity will take place. You may want to know if the trash will be picked up on a holiday or whether the street sweeper will be coming. I encourage you to send me an email. I want to hear from you.
Through YOUR active participation in YOUR city you will help to make Hawthorne a better place to live.
City Clerk Staff
- Monica Dicrisci, Deputy City Clerk
- Diana Cucalon, Administrative Staff
The City Clerk's Department records, prepares, certifies and maintains the official minutes and agendas of all meetings of the City Council, Community Redevelopment Agency, Parking Authority, Housing Authority, Public Financing Authority and Cable Usage Corporation. The City Clerk publishes and mails legal notice as required by State law and City statures; as custodian of official records, the department is the official depository for City contracts, agreements, claims, deeds and other documents as required. The City Clerk also processes and maintains all City Ordinances and Resolutions and maintains custody of the official City Seal. The City Clerk's Department administers, coordinates and supervises the conduct of all Municipal Elections, receives general initiative, referendum and recall petitions and serves as Deputy Registrar of Voters. The City Clerk is the filing officer for campaign disclosure statements filed by office holders, candidates and political action committees; the department also responds to information requests from City Council, city staff, other agencies, attorneys and the public.
Did You Know?
- The City Clerk is the oldest profession in public service, dating back to 1272 A.D.
- The City Clerk is the Elections Official, Legislative Administrator and Records Manager.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk's Office
- Information about participation in all levels of government and communicating with the City are available at our office. City Council Agenda Packets; Board and Commission Vacancies; City Council Minutes; All Official Documents; Voter Registration.
- Responsible for the management of all municipal elections; nomination papers, candidate statements, ballot measures, arguments, legal advertising and voter registration.
POLITICAL REFORM ACT
- Manages compliance with State Conflict of Interest and Campaign Reporting Laws.
- Manages the retention and retrieval of all official documents and compliance with the Records Management Program.
CITY COUNCIL SUPPORT
- Provides secretarial and research support to the City Council.
BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Coordinates establishment and administration, appointments of boards and commissions that advise Council on many complex issues.
- Responsible for all municipal legislative processes. This includes ordinances, resolutions, contracts, agreements and agenda preparation.
- Display and publish all legal notices and advertisements.
OATHS AND FILINGS
- Administers oaths, receives and records petitions, claims, lawsuits and official notices.