City Clerk's Office
City Clerk Staff
- Monica Dicrisci, Deputy City Clerk
- Diana Cucalon, Administrative Staff
The City Clerk's Department records, prepares, certifies and maintains the official minutes and agendas of all meetings of the City Council, Community Redevelopment Agency, Parking Authority, Housing Authority, Public Financing Authority and Cable Usage Corporation. The City Clerk publishes and mails legal notice as required by State law and City statures; as custodian of official records, the department is the official depository for City contracts, agreements, claims, deeds and other documents as required. The City Clerk also processes and maintains all City Ordinances and Resolutions and maintains custody of the official City Seal. The City Clerk's Department administers, coordinates and supervises the conduct of all Municipal Elections, receives general initiative, referendum and recall petitions and serves as Deputy Registrar of Voters. The City Clerk is the filing officer for campaign disclosure statements filed by office holders, candidates and political action committees; the department also responds to information requests from City Council, city staff, other agencies, attorneys and the public.
Did You Know?
- The City Clerk is the oldest profession in public service, dating back to 1272 A.D.
- The City Clerk is the Elections Official, Legislative Administrator and Records Manager.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk's Office
- Information about participation in all levels of government and communicating with the City are available at our office. City Council Agenda Packets; Board and Commission Vacancies; City Council Minutes; All Official Documents; Voter Registration.
- Responsible for the management of all municipal elections; nomination papers, candidate statements, ballot measures, arguments, legal advertising and voter registration.
POLITICAL REFORM ACT
- Manages compliance with State Conflict of Interest and Campaign Reporting Laws.
- Manages the retention and retrieval of all official documents and compliance with the Records Management Program.
CITY COUNCIL SUPPORT
- Provides secretarial and research support to the City Council.
BOARDS & COMMISSIONS
- Coordinates establishment and administration, appointments of boards and commissions that advise Council on many complex issues.
- Responsible for all municipal legislative processes. This includes ordinances, resolutions, contracts, agreements and agenda preparation.
- Display and publish all legal notices and advertisements.
OATHS AND FILINGS
- Administers oaths, receives and records petitions, claims, lawsuits and official notices.