Location: 12501 Inglewood Ave. (North of El Segundo Blvd.)
Phone: (310) 970-7228
The Hawthorne Pool is equipped with both men and women's locker rooms, heated showers, and private changing rooms. There are 2 pools located inside the facility: lap pool, and a baby pool. Both pools are heated to 80 degrees F. Join us and keep cool year round.
Swim Teams Youth & Adult
The Stingrays Youth Swim Team (Ages 6-18)
Hawthorne's own youth swim team - the South Bay Stingrays provides young swimmers with the opportunity to improve swimming skills beyond the basic training in whim schools and lessons. If you love to swim and are ready to take it to the next level, join us for a fun and challenging swim experience. The Stingrays are a year round youth swim team registered with the Southern California Swimming and USA Swimming, and sponsored by the Hawthorne Recreation & Community Services. Swimmers are coached in groups from basic swimming abilities to competitive levels. Members should be able to swim the length of the pool, and know basic stroke skills.
Please call check out the website to arrange for tryouts or for more information.
Days: Monday & Friday at the Hawthorne Swimming Pool.
South Bay Adult Swim Team
Get fit. Join your local adult swim team, and enjoy professionally coached workouts at the Hawthorne Pool. Adults of all ages and levels are welcome to join; including recreational swimmers, triathletes, competitive, and ocean swimmers. Team members have the opportunity to learn stroke techniques, conditioning, competitive strategies, and goal-setting
For more information, log on at:
Days: Monday-Friday 6:30-7:30pm
The Hawthorne Pool is available for rental to commercial enterprises, non-profit organizations, swim teams and Private Parties. (Newly Added) Private Parties must meet the same requirements.
A $1,000,000 Certificate of Insurance is Required for all Groups Renting the Aquatic Facility. City of Hawthorne to be named as an Additional Insured.
2 hour minimum required for all rentals
Rental fee includes Staff cost for (1) Lifeguard. Additional staff costs will be determined by the City.
Lifeguards must be on duty.
Please call the Department of Recreation & Community Services for more details on availability and fee information.
- Children 7 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age
- All children not potty-trained are required to wear swimming diapers.
- All patrons must shower in the dressing rooms before entering the water.
- Patrons are required to wear bathing suit attire at all times. No t-shirts, cut-offs, leotards, or other street clothing allowed while swimming.
- Food, alcohol, drinks, gum, and smoking are prohibited.
- No floatation devices, (including: rafts, noodles, water rings, etc) are allowed.
- All patrons with hair exceeding 4 inches in length are required to wear a bathing cap
- Lap swim is for adults 17 and older.
Lap Swimming/Water Aerobics