• Cruelty investigations, humane education, rabies control, dangerous and nuisance animal complaints, sick/injured animal rescue, deceased animal pick-up, stray animal impound, barking dog investigations, and licensing.
  • Animal Control Officers also collect all fees due the City for animal licensing, impound fees, services rendered, etc.


  • (310) 675-4444:  Emergency callout for injured animals, attacking animals, vicious animals, animals running loose, or dead animal pickup.
  • (310) 349-2948:  Non-emergency Animal Control issues such as barking dog complaints, crowing roosters, basic inquiries, or general information.  24/7 message line.
  • (310) 349-2948:  Dog Licensing
  • Email: HERE
  • The office is located at the Hawthorne City Hall:  4455 W. 126th Street, Hawthorne, CA  90250


License or Renew an existing Pet License by clicking on the following link:

Check the Hawthorne Municipal Code regarding Animal Control topics:

Click Here